To support and enhance projects, programs and activities in the Fifth District for talented and motivated youth in our communities. To provide an appropriate competitive forum to display their talents and abilities in the performing and visual arts,
I. Participation in the Talent Hunt is open for the following form of trained art:
- Music: Vocal and instrumental; classical, semi-classical, gospel and jazz. A printed copy of the music (score) is required for the judges to analyze.
- Interpretive Movement to Music: ballet, modern dance and tap.
- Speech: Poetry, oration, monologue, etc. (Printed script should be provided for each judge to analyze)
- Visual Art: Sculpture, photography, drawing and painting.
II. Basic Rules for Participation in the District and International Talent Hunt:
- Contestant must be a high school student who has not advanced beyond a senior at time of the Local Talent Hunt.
- All presentations including instrumental numbers must be memorized and must be dignified and in good taste.
- Track music may be used for accompaniment as long as there is no lead instrumental or background vocals included on the track.
- The Talent Hunt is a competition on the Chapter, State, and District levels.
See forms section for applications and scoring criteria for the various Talent Hunt categories.
See local chapters for their deadlines and suspenses!
The deadline for chapters to submit their winners application to the 5th District Chairman is: March 15.